Vacancy for the Post of Public Accountant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving officers to fill the post of Public Accountant for the Bahamas Agricultural Health and Food Safety Authority (BAHFSA).
- Certification as a Public Accountant registered with The Bahamas Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Bachelor of Science with at least ten (10) years experience in a mid-senior level position OR
- Master of Science in Accounting with at least five (5) years of experience in a mid or senior-level position
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are essential
- The successful candidate must be a leader who can work as part of the senior management team.
General Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- In charge of preparing financial and management reports and assisting the department with annual budgets, reviews, controls, and taxes
- Monitors fiscal position, financial performance, and cash flows
- Reviews and evaluates information such as generally accepted accounting principles, policy statements, regulatory directives, and legislation to identify their effect on the execution of financial accounting processes and the need to establish new procedures or modify existing ones
- Analyses and reviews records, reports, and customer comments to identify systems and/or regulatory problems affecting financial or supply operations
- Prepares budget and financial information as outlined in legislation
- Provides advice and guidance on operating policies and other related fiscal matters
Qualified candidates should submit resumes via email to: [email protected] Attention: Chairman of The Bahamas Agricultural Health and Food Safety Authority on or before June 28th, 2023. Please note that only those individuals short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Kindly put the job title in the subject line when applying.
Vacancy for the Post of Director of Veterinary Services
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving officers to fill the past of Director of Veterinary Services for the Bahamas Agricultural Health and Food Safety Authority (BAHFSA).
General Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Be responsible for administering and carrying out the objectives of The Animal Health and Production Act, 2016.
- Implement measures to prevent and control the introduction and spread of animal diseases and hazards in The Bahamas.
- Regulate all matters and advise the Minister on all matters related to animal health and production.
- Establish, monitor, carry out, and coordinate the detection, surveillance, and monitoring programs related to animal health and epidemiological matters.
- Liaise with foreign, regional, and international bodies on agriculture health and trade in agricultural products.
- Issue international veterinary certificates, permits, and certificates of registration and collect foes under this Act.
- Establish licensing and certification programmes for animal production, including breeding programmes, and collaborate with the relevant agencies dealing with animal products and related matters.
- Coordinate all matters relating to regional and international agreements relating to animal health and animal production.
- Establish communication, training, and public awareness campaigns to develop animal health diagnostic and analytical capabilities.
- Coordinate with relevant agencies in other countries to establish recognition of the animal health status of that country.
- Establish a system for the identification of animals and the ability to follow the movement of animals through all stages of the production chain.
- Develop training programmes required to carry out the objectives of the Act.
- Establish an early warning notification system, collaborate with, and inform the Ministry of Health where animal diseases may present a threat to humans.
- Approve and implement sanitary measures to preserve the animal health status.
- Evaluate the equivalence of sanitary measures taken by trading partners.
- Execute all the activities and responsibilities that are required, including travel and. public speaking, advantageous of convenient for or in connection with the carrying out, of incidental to the proper discharge and may carry out such activities alone or in collaboration with any other person or entity, including stakeholders, whether public or private.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree
- Registered under the Veterinary Surgeons Act
- Minimum years of five (5) years’ experience in the field of veterinary medicine with five (5} years of management or supervisory experience
- Public health training and experience desirous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to make accurate and detailed observations
- Ability to move issues through the various dimensions of the regulatory environment internally and externally
- Ability to build credibility and engage key stakeholders across different agencies
- Understanding of business principles
- The successful candidate must be a progressive leader with innovative ideas in the field of animal health and disease prevention control
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide efficient and effective oversight and supervision of veterinary officers employed in the public service and other persons designated as animal health inspectors.
Candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their resume via email to: [email protected] Attention: Chairman of The Bahamas Agricultural Health and Food Safety Authority on or before June 28th, 2023. Please note that only those individuals short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Kindly put the job tile in the subject line when applying.